Techniques of Biotechnology
Laboratory Methods for Biotechnology is nothing but Hands-on Training, one of the most important aspects in experimental biology. This is an introductory-level course designed to acquaint participants with the wide range of modern techniques available for separating and purifying biomolecules. Students enrolled in Biotechnology programs have an extensive opportunity to learn many cutting-edge molecular biology methods from lecture- and reading- based courses. The goal of this field is to expose students to various techniques in biotechnology as well as to prepare them for independence in research settings. The fundamentals of each technique will be presented, including practical examples such as Gel electrophoresis, immunocytochemistry, ELISA & Spectrophotometry, Assays etc.
- Track 1-1 Cell Separation Methods
- Track 2-2 Liquid Scintillation (double label) Counting
- Track 3-3 Autoradiography
- Track 4-4 Quality Laboratory Tests
- Track 5-5 Assays and Safety regulations
- Track 6-6 Molecular Diagnostics.
- Track 7-7 Gel Electrophoresis
- Track 8-8 PCR
- Track 9-9 Column Chromatography
- Track 10-10 Immunocytochemistry
- Track 11-11 ELISA & Spectrophotometry
- Track 12-12 Nucleic Acid Purification and Molecular Weight Determinations