Reproductive Biotechnology Various biotechnology methods are used in improving the breeding stock of animals. These include artificial insemination (AI), embryo transfer (ET), in-vitro fertilization (IVF), somatic cell nuclear transfer, and the emerging technology on somatic cell nuclear transfer.
Reproductive biology involves the scientific study of the reproductive system. Improved understanding of reproductive biology can lead to new treatments for reproductive disorders, such as infertility. Biotechnologies with current are potential applications to enhance reproductive efficiency and to obtain a large number of offspring from genetically superior and infertile animals. In human, the same technology is used primarily to address infertility in couples and to treat certain diseases with stem cells.
- Track 1-1 Multiple Ovulation and Embryo Transfer
- Track 2-2 In Vitro Fertilization
- Track 3-3 Sex Determination of Sperm or Embryos
- Track 4-4 Embryo and Oocyte Cryopreservation
- Track 5-5 Nuclear Transfer or Cloning
- Track 6-6 Transgenesis